ANST - History of money

Patrick St. Jean stjeanp at flash.net
Thu Apr 27 19:30:01 PDT 2000

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000, Lady Neeve Drakesbane wrote:

>Greetings all,  Can anyone tell me a good place to go
>to find out the value of an 1863 $100 dollar bill
>produced in Louisiana?  I'd apreciate any help I can
>get with this...Thanks, Lady Neeve

My lady,
  Collecting paper money is a hobby of mine, as is the United States Civil
War. Please let me ask you a question, because there are a great many
forgeries circulating.  What is the date and serial number of that note?
If the date is March 10, 1863 and the serial number is 2650, it is a well
known modern reproduction.

Regards,
  Felipé

--
Patrick St. Jean                                       System Administrator
<stjeanp at flash.net>                                 FlashNet Communications