ANST - Newcomers

AuroraeB at aol.com AuroraeB at aol.com
Sun Apr 2 20:35:45 PDT 2000

<<<< over 15 years I have yet to see a fighter practice regularly
  attended by the Hospitaller.  >>>>

<>

I also attended almost every weekly fighter practice when I was a branch
Hospitaller.  I also did things like make myself availible to newcomers if
they needed help getting ready for an event, made sure that had adequate garb
and feastware, etc.... I even took a few newcomers to events myself.

I would say that those of us who worked hard to get newcomers involved and
KEEP them involved are saddened that in 15 years this person has not
encountered a Hospitaller that was able to show up to a practice on a regular
basis.  There is no reason for this.  If the Hospitaller cannot be at the
practices for mundane obligations, then they should have a deputy hospitaller
assigned to take up the slack.

There is no reason for there not to be at least somebody at any practice or
meeting who can give basic information to newcomers.  It is not that hard to
create and maintain a supply of basic chapter flyers or brochures and to
maintain a well stocked loaner chest.

If anybody needs ideas or some information on how I did it, I would
definately give you all the help I can if you contact me off the list.

Aurora
(Tracy Pekar-Rogers)