ANST - Royal Huntsman

Dwayne Hope brendan_mcewan at email.msn.com
Mon Apr 3 06:17:49 PDT 2000

> As for having the Royal Huntsman chosen by IKAC it is as good as any
however
> one bad day and a good archer is out of the competition. I feel that a
> better method would be to use a three score average from the previous
year,
> yea I know we don't have any one with a three score average so we will
have
> to make do with what we have. Also as to shooting IKAC's they may be shot
at
> any "offical" archery practis. I like to be able to shoot IKAC's at events
> but for my two cents when shooting for champion I would rather see some
> innovation in the competition, but hthat is just my peculiar way of doing
> things.
> Plachoya Sobaka some times I just have to stir things up.

While that would be nice, that is the nature of a competition.  Queen's
Champion (fill in your tournament of choice) is chosen on 'one day of
fighting'.  It would not make much sense to have a fighter fight 3 different
tournaments and have the one with the lowest score win.  The beauty of a one
shot deal, is it could be your one day to do really well.  Maybe overall,
you would never do that well but once in a while.  Taking an average gets
the best, but the best tend to stay their and that would never give anyone
else a chance. (hope this makes sense)

Brendan