ANST - Royal Huntsman

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon Apr 3 08:50:48 PDT 2000

Bob Dewart (gilli at seacove.net) said something that sounded like:
> I haven't been seeing growth but the opposite of it.

I think this is a matter of perspective. My time doing archery is a lot
shorter than others. In the short time (about 2 years) I've been
participating there has been growth in the number of archers out
there. I've seen many new archers as well as some returning to the
range. (*I* didn't know Francois shot that well.)

> Why?  Don't know for sure, probably as many
> reasons as there are lack of archers shooting it.

>From my own personal view, and some I've talked to, it's a simple matter
of time. It simply takes a long time to do the competition.

When I can go do it at my leisure, I am likely to do it. When they only
occur at certain times, it is likely to be a problem with already busy
schedules.

I am making an effort now to try and do the IKAC shooting whenever it
is available and I am present though. I was sorry this last weekend that
the stuff during the day took so long that I couldn't shoot it, but that
is a good side-effect of lots of people having fun shooting.

Ciao,