ANST - Rapier Combatants on the Throne?

Lisa A. May maaggie at texas.net
Mon Apr 3 21:13:53 PDT 2000

	I stand corrected!  However, while Dons have won the throne in Ansteorra,
it is my understanding that they were not very active in the rapier
community at the time of their reigns, but were, rather, pursuing chivalric
combat much more assiduously.  I think I was intending to make the point
that Her Majesty is the first to sit the throne whose major focus during the
time of her reign (at least in the combative arena) is rapier.  Eventually,
I can certainly see someone sitting the throne whose major focus is
archery -- although the timing must be right in other ways too (i.e., no
major crises in the Kingdom at large to draw the bulk of their time and
attention).  At any rate, several excellent suggestions for making archery
more appealing to the populace at large have been made by persons posting to
this list.  I look forward to the spectacle at Galen and Allesandra's
archery championship!

Margaret

Lisa A. May

"And do as adversaries do in law, strive mightily then eat and drink as
friends."