ANST - Question....

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Apr 4 09:12:23 PDT 2000

Sorry, I must have hit the wrong button, so let me
finish...
Eleanor Cleavely asked:
> Who would one approach in Elfsea about becoming an
> archer? I have never participated in archery before
> and it look like bunches of fun. I would also like to
> know what equipment I need and how much that equipment
> may cost.

I think Pug probably gave you your best answer as far
as who to approach.

For some additional info on archery, both in period and
today, you might be interested in looking at some of the
files in the ARCHERY and ARCHERY-FAQ sections of my
Florilegium files.

For instance, to start off these might be of use:
arch-supplies-msg (18K) 10/28/94    Archery supplies and merchants.
archery-books-msg  (9K)  6/ 6/96    Books on archery. Book reviews.
C-A-handbook-art (108K) 10/29/96    Sir Jon's Combat Archery Handbook.
CA-Hunt-Tips-art  (10K)  9/10/98    "Hunting Tips for Combat Archers" by
Octavia
crossbows-msg     (38K) 12/ 2/98    Period and SCA crossbows.
quivers-msg       (18K)  2/ 9/95    Period and SCA quivers.

The Florilegium is available on the web at:
http://www.florilegium.org

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net