ANST - Royal Huntsman

Trish Kvamme ladyoftherose at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 4 09:22:16 PDT 2000

"Ok my turn and this is not ment vindictiv, just my side. I drive some times
meany hours sit through 2 courts fix some sort of meal if feast dosen't
appeal try to watch some of the fighting be a cold day when I am in a circle
meet with the kingdom marshal if he wishes try to help new archers. All
archery shoots that I hold that are at a stated time are scheduled so that
most of the fighters can also shoot can you say mid to late afternoon.
Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal"

*                              *                                 *
Please all of you try not to take this wrong, but consider how you are
conducting yourselves here on this subject.

While some of you are open and interested in making it better, others are
just ranting and pointing fingers.

To many readers on this list, your words are their introduction to archery,
and certainly you would want people to come away with interest in the
community and wanting to help support it or perhaps even join it.

But I fear that alot of this has gotten so impolite that you are shooting
yourselves in the foot. (no pun intended).

If you want people to come, make it sound like a welcome and inviting place.
  As a community make presentations, send invitations, ask for the Order of
the Rose to sponsor you.  Try something that reflects the better parts of
the SCA, because all this arguing isn't going to help the community.

If you want more recognition for your group, then go out there and do such
greats acts of chivalry and courtesy that everyone will notice you!  Make
some spectacular targets that have everyone's attention.  Who wouldnt want
to shoot a dragon on the field?

What I am trying to do is give you some inspiration here, because people are
drawn to what is beautiful, fun, creative and dfifferent, not to things that
are angry.

The best thing you can do for yourselves as a community is to start  not
only shooting as a community, but adding the flavor of the dream to what you
are doing, and doing it in ways that integrate those around you.

I for one, would have been glad to sponsor a tournament anytime, had I been
asked.

Duchess Larissa Alwynn Clarewoode of Aquitaine, OL, OP