ANST - War of the Staked Plains Archery

Lisa A. May maaggie at texas.net
Sun Apr 9 16:31:49 PDT 2000

This is similar to one of the standard archery shoots at Pennsic, the
"clout" shoot, although at Pennsic there is no time period.  Rather, you
shoot six arrows at a circle of haybales some 100 yards from the line.
Points are scored depending on whether you hit the outside or inside of the
haybales, inside the circle or into a single man-shaped target standing up
within the circle.  I've shot it many times and usually score pretty well if
I've had the chance to practice and remember where/how to sight.  You use
lots of arc on your shots (depending on the poundage of your bow).

Margaret