ANST - Re: ES - [Fwd: SCA story on Sunday Morning -Reply]

Dennis O'Connor dmoc at primenet.com
Tue Apr 11 21:31:52 PDT 2000

From: "Karie Mitchell" <allessandre at hotmail.com>
> >From: Sluggy <slugmusk at home.com>
> >
> >I received this short message just now...
> >
> >Subject: SCA story on Sunday Morning -Reply
> >    Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 12:05:29 -0500
> >    From: Sunday News <SUNDAYS at cbsnews.com>
> >The piece will most likely air this weekend, please continue to tune >in.
> >Sorry for the mix-up.
> >
> >Thanks for watching,
> >CBS Sunday Morning
>

> Gee, where have I heard that one before... "Please keep watching our
> program.  It _might_ be on this weekend.  If not, please keep watching our
> program..."
>
> Hrmph.

Since a really epic news story might break at any time,
there is just no way any news organization can
guarantee when a "soft" "evergreen" like a piece
on Gulf Wars will air.

"soft" e.g. "human interest"
"evergreen" = "not time-critical, works just as well a month from now"
Dennis O'Connor                    dmoc at primenet.com
Vanity Web Page   http://www.primenet.com/~dmoc/