ANST - Re: ANST-Announce - Change in law...

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Mon Apr 17 09:39:53 PDT 2000

> >   The change is to move the Spring Crown Tourney to March instead of April.
>
> While I think I can understand the reasons to do this, with two
> weekends taken up either preparing for Gulf Wars or at the War, this
> would
> seem to limit the dates available and maybe the attendance from people
> preparing for or recovering from Gulf Wars on the other weekends.
>
> Oh well, too late now.
>
> Stefan li Rous

This will have a few good things actually.  The date will basically be the date
usually reserved for the now-departed Lyoness tournament. Ansteorra was the
only kingdom at Gulf Wars without heirs. This way the heirs of the various
kingdoms
can get together to discuss Pennsic conventions and alliances and such. This
will
also give the heirs more time to find a coronation and Queen's champion site.
When
I won Crown, Sara and I had a little over two weeks to find someone to do our
coronation.
And only two weeks after that for a Queens. There is enough stress on a new
Crown
without having to have such an important event be considered so quickly.

Personally, as a former Crown and current member of the populace, I feel this is
a good
decision. Also personally, I would like to see this happen to the Fall Crown if
at all
possible for the same reason of giving the heirs more time to find event sites
for their
Coronation/Queen's Champion.

Yers,

Gunthar