ANST - TRF Passes

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Mon Aug 21 14:16:27 PDT 2000

Richard, allow me to answer this, if I may.

I am Gerald of Leesville, Deputy Liaison for the SCA at the Texas
Rennaisance Festival.

In answer to your question,  we require three hours of work per pass for
each individual who receives a pass.

This can be taken care of as follows:

Fight all three times at the mound (11:30 am, 1 pm and 4 pm) - this is true
for chivalric and rapier.  All THREE fights (barring injuries,weather, etc.)

Act as a marshall for all three fights (see times above).  Currently, those
who are to be marshalls on the field must be warranted per SCA Corpora
rules.  I'm sure that I'll be corrected if I'm wrong ;).

Act as a crowd marshall for all three fights.

Act as a waterbearer for all three fights.

(any one of the fights can be substituted by marching in the parade at noon)

Spend three hours working on (and displaying) an art or craft (currently we
are unable to set up forges or other "open fire" areas for crafts which
require them).  This includes performing bardic, playing music, telling
stories, etc.

Spend three hours working the information booth (final say on info-booth
personell is up to the info-booth coordinator).

You do not have to work every weekend, and you do not have to work the whole
weekend (You _can_ get a pass for a single day - however, if you wish to
stay at the faire for both days with the SCA you must get two passes and
work both days).

If you have any other questions concerning TRF please feel free to ask Lord
Ambrose (Fo) or myself.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer