ANST - Just a question - Sites

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Aug 22 13:05:13 PDT 2000

Harry wrote:
> At the risk of sounding like a squeeky wheele, are we not allowed to have a major event at a location other than Canton?  Now, I like the Canton site, once I get there.  But, the 6 hour drive is not only long, but the gas eats a big hole in my pocket book.  I have to buget only a one or so events a reign at Canton.  I have to admit, Canton is almost the perfect site, but for the drive.
>
> I do not wish to be seen as one of those people who b*t*h and whine, but have no good suggestions.  I remember something said about a site commity who's job it was to compile a data base for sites that could hold large events.  Is there not a place, if you triangulate between Bjornsborg, Stepps and Stargate a place of about equal distance?

I too, find it a long drive since it is a bit off the north-south I-35
corridor.

HOWEVER, Ansteorra consists of a lot more than just Bjornsborg, Steppes
and
Stargate. If you include the northern portion of Ansteorra, which
includes
all of the mundane state of Oklahoma, then the Canton site is fairly
central.

Lord Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net