ANST - Canton a "Beautiful" Site?

Melinda Forrester m_forrester at SoftHome.net
Wed Aug 23 08:44:55 PDT 2000

>>I disagree extremely.  It's not "beautiful"...
>>Still, I prefer the more primitive sites...

I can appreciate your reasons for disagreeing with my opinion of Canton.  I
personally find some of the more primitive sites to be "ugly", particularly
those that have an abundance of cedar tress. But just as every event cannot
be geographically pleasing to everyone, neither can every event be
aesthetically pleasing.  And please don't take what I am saying as a
criticism of what you find a beautiful site to be. Playing SCA requires
compromise-a site that is close to you may not be "beautiful" and vice
versa.  Occasionally it will be both far and ugly, occasionally it will be
near and beautiful.

>>My favorite SCA site I've ever seen is Camp Ben McCullough

I do agree that Camp Ben is a nice site aesthetically and also agree that
the number of mundanes is a problem.  Our group held an event there this
summer.  Although the event was a success for us and we took away some nice
memories, we also take away the memory of my brother's armor being stolen as
well as another's pouch containing money and jewelry being lifted.  We also
had to escort some mundanes off site/away from our area for behaving
inappropriately during our revel.

-Aleksandra