ANST - Canton a "Beautiful" Site?

Christine Fink maria_elfsea at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 23 11:17:59 PDT 2000

I agree. The civic center would be the last place I would want to be during
a tornado (Warlord scared the bejeebies out of me). The bathrooms would have
be a safer bet because it is better built.

What about state parks? Has anyone ever checed them out? There is a really
nice one in Cedar Hill (between Grand Prairie and Dallas). I camped there
about a year ago. The sites are far enough away from the restrooms and
showers, but not too far away. State Parks do allow alcohol. The Cedar Hill
site is HUGE and does allow horses! (much larger than Canton) I'm sure that
there is more than enough room for all of us, where the rangers can place us
in an area where we won't bother the mundanes with our late night revels.

Well, that's just my $.02.

Maria de Vasquez of Elfsea
(Lady Elizabeth...mine, Lord Phelippe's and Lord Ceatta's were standing
after the Friday night Springfare storm...of course, we were sheltered by
the bathrooms <grin>)

----Original Message Follows----
Actually, the large building at the Canton site is the LAST
place I'd want to be in stormy weather.  The large metal
structure is a tornado/lightning magnet.  The only safe
places inside the building were the restrooms.  The safest
place outside was flat on the ground, which is available at
most sites, primitive or not.

/Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood
(who's tent was one of the only one's left standing
after the great Friday night storm at SpringFaire)