ANST - Schedule for Texas Rennaisance Festival Sponsored Weekends

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Thu Aug 24 05:57:38 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the populace from Gerald of Leesville Deputy Liaison for the
SCA at the Texas Rennaisance Festival.

Time is coming around again for the Known Worlde's largest (and longest)
demo at the TRF and this year is no exception.  Work has progressed on the
compound and we now have a new roof over the gatehouse, the stage (that's
right, harpists, a REAL roof) and the reviewing stand thanks to the work of
HL Brian du Val and his crew.

Our contract has been signed and we are continuing to make things easy for
those who wish to sponsor a weekend.  Coordinators for the various
activities have been working hard to make sure that things run smoothly and
that the sponsoring groups will have information readily available to them.
We prefer that the sponsor of the weekend treat their weekend as a
mini-event.  There is _some_ room in the gatehouse for those wishing to
sleep over, as well as camping area behind the site.

Fights on the mound are at 11:30 am, 1 pm and 4 pm.  We are no longer
contending with the Scottish Highlanders for the mound site so we shouldn't
see any more divots nor have to worry about "sheep shots".  ALL FIGHTERS
MUST BE AUTHORIZED BEFORE COMING TO TRF.  THERE WILL BE NO AUTHORIZATIONS ON
SITE.

Following is the schedule for TRF weekends and their sponsors:

Sept 30  - Oct  1st        Stargate
Oct 7th - 8th                 Bordermarch
Oct 14th - 15th             Loch Sollier
Oct 21st - 22nd            Shadowlands
Oct 28th - 29th             Households (Ravens Thunder & Wyldenfrae)
Nov 4th - 5th                empty
Nov 11th - 12th            West Gate / Gate's Edge

Note that the 6th weekend (Nov 4th & 5th) is still open for a sponsor.  If
your group (barony, canton, shire, household) is interested in sponsoring a
weekend but just don't know what sponsorship entails, send me e-mail at
jerryn at houston.rr.com and I will provide you with a complete list of what's
expected.

We understand that this is in the middle of the Tourney season, and that
many will consider this a far drive, but we think that it's well worth it.
Last year we distributed 1800 handouts and had roughly 4000 visitors enter
the compound, with more watching the fights on the mound.

In service to the dream with a song in my heart, I am
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer