ANST - was Canton/now the good ole days

Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra fairborn at swbell.net
Sat Aug 26 07:05:19 PDT 2000

Ahhh, yes.  I remember the good old days when we had primitive sites.

Beautiful, grassy/wooded sites.  You had to go out and spend days prepping
to mow and clear underbrush.  You had to dig and build privvies or rent
portable ones. (and the smells) The privvy checks to make sure that there
was either a) some sort of light source or b) toilet paper.... or having to
replace the road that washed out in the spring rain.
And the portable rigged showers that had wood pallets for floors if they
had floors at all...  Oh, that would be if there were showers of any type.

And hauling your kitchen out to the site to cook feast and rent tables and
chairs to feed people feast...
And the gallons and gallons of water that had to be hauled out for water
bearing.
But that was ok, because a lot of our events were smaller and some of us
were younger.

And the camp fires.  Well you could have them if there were not burn
bans.  Or if you were on a site that even had wood.....

Ok I am done now...remembering.  I have personally remembered enough.
Lady Muriela again...

At 05:28 PM 8/25/00 -0400, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/25/00 12:07:13 AM Central Daylight Time, bice at flash.net
>writes:
>
><< < It's fighting in the arroyos again!
>  >  >>
>  >You may want to translate that for those up north.
>
>  Come on Donnel, let them be surprized.  We gotta have some fun.
>
>  Bice >>
>

>And from the stories I was raised on there would be MANY surprises.

In Service to the Dream

Master Richard Fairbourne , OP
Kingdom Seneschal for Ansteorra
E-Mail: fairborn at swbell.net