ANST - Event Plug: MSKD VIII

David Backlin edrei at mail.com
Tue Aug 8 22:29:35 PDT 2000

Coming this Labor Day Weekend: the return of Mid-Summer Knight's Dream.

Join the Shire of Smythkepe in the beautiful Arkansas Ozarks as we celebrate the
unofficial end of Summer at Mid-Summer Knight's Dream VIII.

Come participate in any number of activities including:

Live Weapons Competitions:

- Axe Throwing
- Knife Throwing
- Archery Woods Walk Through
... AND the traditional Smythkepe Anvil Toss

Heavy Combat:

- Fledgling Tournament (authorized 18 months or less)
- 3 Man Team Tournament
... Plus more to be announced later

Classes:

- Temari Balls (Japanese thread balls) taught by Lady Gerberga
- Spinning (also taught by Lady Gerberga)
- Feast-o-crating taught by Sorcha Rhys (participants will assist in the
preparation of our sumptuous feast)

Also planned are Equestrian Activities (FIRST TIME EVER IN SMYTHKEPE!!! Details
to be announced) and an Arts and Sciences Competition (Equestrian in any
medium).

There will also be a Quest, deviously created for MSKD by Lord Seamas MacDaibhid
as well as Children's Activities specially created by Meaghan MacTaggart.

During the feast Saturday evening, there will also be an auction of a sword
(graciously donated by Baron Larcombe) as well as various items from the
Smythkepe Lost and Found Closet.

AND as an added bonus: our local "evil trim merchant" is offering 10 yards
(count 'em TEN YARDS) of trim to whomever travels the furthest to our event (did
somebody say "Drachenwald"?)

The site for MSKD VIII will be Rogers Scout Reservation, Ioun, Arkansas.

To get to the site, take your best route to I-40 in Arkansas and take Exit 7
(I-540 / US 71 South for Fort Smith / Van Buren). Follow I-540 to Exit 12 (US 71
South for Texarkana). Exit and turn left (south) at the light and go
approximately 30 miles to Ark.23 (There's a rest stop just past the
intersection). Turn left (north) on Ark. 23 and proceed about 6 miles to Boy
Scout  Road (with a large sign for "Rogers Scout Reservation" at this
turn). Turn right (east) and follow Boy Scout Road and the SCA signs to Rogers
Scout Camp.

If you are coming from the East, you may take I-40 to Exit 37 (AR 219 for Ozark)
and proceed south to US64. Go west on US64 then turn left on Ark 23 South. As
you pass thorough the community of Ioun, watch for the large  "Rogers Scout
Reservation" sign and turn left. (NOTE: Ark 23 is narrow and winding... please
observe posted speed limits!!!!)

If you are coming from the South, follow US 71 45 miles north of Mena, AR to Ark
23 (there is a rest stop just before the intersection). Turn right (north) on 23
and proceed 6 miles to Boy Scout Road and turn right (east). Follow Boy Scout Rd
and the SCA signs to Rogers Scout Camp.

The Fees for MSKD are as follows:
$20.00 Adult
$12.00 Child (7-12)
Children under 7 free
Members deduct $3.00
Day Trip deduct $3.00
Off Board (No Feast) deduct $3.00

Remember: this includes a soup kitchen on Friday night as well as breakfast and
lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Pay more elsewhere and receive less.

Site opens at 5 pm Friday, September 1 and closes at 12 Noon Sunday, September
3. This is a Dry Site... please help us respect the condition of this site :).
Site is tenting only, but plenty of space is available for those desiring
privacy.

Merchants are welcome with NO merchant fees (but donations graciously accepted).
Please bring your own tables and shade.

For more information about MSKD, please contact: Cinaed of Eden (mka Ken Eden)
(501)785-2594 or cinaed_of_eden at yahoo.com .

We hope to see you all there!!

Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka Dave Backlin)
Shire of Smythkepe