ANST - Just a question - Sites

gptaylor gtaylor at lonestar.jpl.utsa.edu
Tue Aug 22 16:11:30 PDT 2000

Hawkins....have you caught up on sleep since Pennsic?  ;)

I think that Harry was thinking of last month, when I travelled to Dallas/Ft
Worth/Arlington/Athens four weekends in a row.
It was the luck of the draw, really.  We Southern Folk need to see if we can get
Kein to win crown again...or raise up someone new.

Populationwise, Dallas is probably in the middle of things...but if you go
groupwise, folks from La Marche Sauvage have to drive between 10 and 11 hours to
get to Canton, according to Lycos.  Another calculation reveals that the kingdom
is about 15 driving hours from top to bottom.   Though closer calculations
cannot be made (somehow, Killeen ends up taking longer from Fairview than Austin
from Fairview...)...this makes the center of the Kingdom....between 1.5 and 2.5
hours of Bjornsborg.  That's REALLY NEAR ME.  We'll compromise...can we hold
everything in Tempio??  :)

Seriously, though...with Elfsea, Steppe's and Loch Ruadh holding events at
Canton, I will admit that I've seen WAYYYYYY too much of that site and its
various biblical plagues (wind, locusts/crickets, rain, flood, etc.  The the
ATYC fireworks may have been "fire from the sky"...I want to pass on the Rivers
of Blood) .  Anyhow...I've been told by some Elfsea folks that they are looking
for a new site.  It used to be so nice to arrive at that old campground a
relatively few miles after the I-35 split....

And...when did people lose the right to grumble a little about something, just
because someone else has an even greater inconvenience?

Isobel