ANST - Just a question - Sites

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Tue Aug 22 19:40:59 PDT 2000

At 06:11 PM 8/22/00 -0500, you wrote:

Snip

>Seriously, though...with Elfsea, Steppe's and Loch Ruadh holding events at
>Canton, I will admit that I've seen WAYYYYYY too much of that site and its
>various biblical plagues (wind, locusts/crickets, rain, flood, etc.  The the
>ATYC fireworks may have been "fire from the sky"...I want to pass on the
Rivers of Blood).

Snip

>Isobel

I have a couple of cents I would like to put in on this.  Besides the draw
of the central location in the Kingdom, Canton has some other things going
for it.  The main one being size.  We (Loch Ruadh) had an event there this
month with 160+ people in attendance.  About twice what we had expected.
The group was able to hold our List in the shade of the trees without any
problems.  By the same token, you may recall the group that attended XX
Year celebration.
It was a very large group but as I recall there was still room for a couple
hundred more people. I have never heard any limits to the number of people
we could have on site but I am sure it would be about the biggest around.

I too wish that all the events could be just an hours drive for everyone
but that is not possible.  So I choose the ones I can make and wait for
news of the others.  I have traveled to the site around Enid, OK, on the
Cimmeron River; to Lubbock, Athens, Canton, to a site around Carl 's
Corner, Austin, San Antonio and a bunch of closer places.  It is to my
shame I have not made it as far as La Marche Savage and to Stargate.  Maybe
someday........My next trip will be to Gothic War.  I hope to see everyone
there.

Bice