ANST - Just a question - Sites

Melinda aerin at tcac.net
Wed Aug 23 07:02:23 PDT 2000

> Did you consider how far the Western Region has to
> drive to Canton?  I think
> they're probably up there....

----------

First of all I second this comment !!
I may not like the drive but it has been worth it every time I have
made it. The only complaint I have is the heat and humidity, which
isn't as bad up here. But I don't think even their Majesty's can
control that, if I am wrong let me know! *grin* I would love to be
proven wrong on that fact, but otherwise I believe that is out of us
mere mortals control.

----------

Ok, I might be way off base, but I just have to add my
commentary. Having more time than sense, I did a
little bit of calculating. I wrote down the mundane
names of all the towns represented by the SCA in
Ansteorra. Then I used a Yahoo search to find out how
far all of them were from Canton (I'm telling
you...WAY too much time on my hands :-) ).

Here's what I found out:

To the nearest 5 miles from the center of each town,
here are the 5 farthest towns from the Canton site:

La Marche Sauvage--610 miles
Addlersruhe--525 miles
Seawinds--465 miles
Bonwicke--410 miles
Blacklake--395 miles

Yay for us we are number 2!!!  *laugh*

Cahira of Bonwicke
Thank you so much Cahira for your commentary and refreshing ideas
maybe this will help everyone get a new perspective. Everyone has to
travel to get to everyone elses events that is part of the game. If
you don't like it, host an event, ask people to come have a good time.
That is what this is for, FUN!!
Aerin