ANST - Canton a "Beautiful" Site?

penningtonhall penningtonhall at email.msn.com
Wed Aug 23 08:52:05 PDT 2000

I am very grateful that we use the Canton site.  It was a comfort to know
that my children had a safe place to go during the high winds at Warlord.
No matter where we were we would have had the high winds , it hit the DFW
area first.  At a more primitive site would we have had a large building to
go into during the storm?  I take safety over ambiance any day.  A lot of
events are held during rainy season, with the kingdom calendar being full
it's hard to schedule an event when the weather will be good.

Who says we can't make Canton feel more natural?  Most light poles have
breaker boxes on them, all it takes is to figure out which breaker goes to
the light and shut it off.  (make sure to turn it back on when you leave)
That way we can use torches and fires to light out way.  Why not make a
period tent?  Or if that is not an option get enough fabric and paint a
castle wall to enclose your camp with.  Most people camp in groups, make it
a group effort.  Make sure mundanities are covered at all times.  Keep your
camp site neat and tidy.  I'm sure that many people have other ideas that
would be willing to share.

Ldy Mary Elizabeth