ANST - Canton a "Beautiful" Site?

Rhonda New rbnew at ftw.nrcs.usda.gov
Wed Aug 23 10:49:59 PDT 2000

Ly Mary Elizabeth wrote:

> I am very grateful that we use the Canton site.  It was a comfort to know
> that my children had a safe place to go during the high winds at Warlord.
> No matter where we were we would have had the high winds , it hit the DFW
> area first.  At a more primitive site would we have had a large building to
> go into during the storm?  I take safety over ambiance any day. Ldy Mary
> Elizabeth

Actually, the large building at the Canton site is the LAST
place I'd want to be in stormy weather.  The large metal
structure is a tornado/lightning magnet.  The only safe
places inside the building were the restrooms.  The safest
place outside was flat on the ground, which is available at
most sites, primitive or not.

/Ly Elizabeth Hawkwood
(who's tent was one of the only one's left standing
after the great Friday night storm at SpringFaire)