ANST -probabl dumb question- Sites

Leofric Ealdricson lealdricson at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 24 04:58:05 PDT 2000

The SCA used to hold large events at the Ren Faire site in Plantersville.
In fact 25th year celebration was scheduled to be held there.  However, the
Ren Faire management pulled out of the deal.  It had to do with security and
liability issues.  A lot of those booths are owned by the merchants who put
a lot of money into them.  The Ren Faire management did not like the idea
that something could happen to them.  I know, you are about to say "but we
would be REAL careful".  It was a policy decision that was made by Ren Faire
management.  It had nothing to do with the SCA in particular.  It does seem
a shame that the site sits empty 10 months of the year, but the owners
obviously are making enough money from it.

Regards
Master Leofric