ANST - MSKD VIII (Event Plug)

David Backlin edrei at mail.com
Mon Aug 28 19:35:33 PDT 2000

Coming this weekend: Smythkepe's Mid-Summer Knight's Dream

Just a reminder that MSKD VIII IS this coming weekend. We have a lot of
activities planned to help celebrate the unofficial end of summer including
equestrian activities, fighting tournaments including a fledgling tourney AND a
3 man melee tourney, a quest, an anvil toss, a wonderful feast, a slient
auction, and much more.

The prize for the 3 man Melee will be a stave of rattan for EACH member of the
team. In addition, our Knight's Marshall, Lucas Inklebarger, says the fighting
will be "all you can handle and more"

There is also a good chance of TV coverage of our event by the local CBS
station, courtesy of our Chatelaine William Campbell. So bring your good garb
and be prepared to smile for the camera :).

ALSO, it is with a heavy heart that we will bidding a fond farewell to our
Seneschal, Eldred Ulfson, and his wife, Sorcha Rhys, our A&S Minister,
Historian, and Feastacrat. Eldred and Sorcha are leaving our fair shire for
Beinnetheine, where he has accepted mundane employment. Our new Seneschal,
Cinaed of Eden, has promised to send them off in style. Past and present
Seneschals are invited to come and help welcome and congratulate (or console)
our new Seneschal.

As of this writing, feast IS still available, but seats are filling up fast.
Reserve NOW to partake in Sorcha's final Smythkepe feast. The menu for feast is
as follows:

First Course:
Creme Boylede
Cruste Rolle
Fresh Fruit
Cheese

Second Course:
Long Fritters
Sauce of Cyprus Royal With Chicken
Gourd in Juice

Third Course:
Gingerbread
Pears in Syurp

So come on out to Smythkepe this weekend as we celebrate the unofficial end of
Summer and bid farewell to Eldred and Sorcha!

Ld Edrei the Quiet (mka Dave Backlin)
Shire of Smythkepe
Kingdom of Meridies
edrei at mail.com