ANST - Encampments and tent guild

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Wed Feb 2 17:59:07 PST 2000

Greetings unto the Kingdom of Ansteorra,
>From Lady Marguerite des Fleur

A large number of people have joined Tent Guild list. Some have requested that we also discuss period encampments, including furniture, wall hangings, banners and all of
those pretties which go into making a stunning encampment.  Many who make their own tents or bought a period tent choose to decorate their site with elegant decorations,
furniture, etc... which add to the atmosphere on the encampment.  The tent guild list will now be expanded to include discussions about the whole encampment.  We will be
starting to ask all people to come and join us in medieval encampments, not just for the Kingdom of Ansteorra but for the whole Known World.  We are holding the first
encampment during the Shire of Graywood's Spring Melee's.  Period encampments are really fun if we have a lot of people join in.  We will be encouraging more "period
encampments" at other events during this year. So, if you are not able to come to this one, there will be others. If you would like to be a part of this encampment, will
you please email me so I can know how much space we will need and set aside. If you are camping, but do not have a period tent, you are also very welcome to come join us.
Also I will teaching a class in medieval tent making this weekend at Elfsea Baronial college this week end! I hope to see you there.
So come and join us in fun and merriment!
Lady Marguerite des Fleur,
List mistress.
--
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents: www.spinningwinds.com