ANST - Fire plan

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 7 16:04:43 PST 2000

To all Ansteorran missile weapon troops--archers, slingers, and siege
engineers all together:

I am trying to figure out an actual fire plan for the fort battles at the
next Gulf War.  If we have an understood plan for coordinating missile fire
to aid the ground fight at the fort, we will have a much better chance, both
attacking and defending.

I would like to ask everyone who works with missiles to do some
experimenting with indirect fire to work out how you shoot at different
ranges.  Between now and the war, please take time to try practicing
shooting over obstacles, real or imagined.  The object would be to make sure
you know how high you must aim to hit area targets at specific ranges.  If
you can work out artificial aiming devices for that purpose, by all means
please do so.

       Death to the phibs
       Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra