ANST - Kingdom membership

Cherie Nolan marguerite at ih2000.net
Wed Feb 9 22:12:30 PST 2000

Greetings unto the populace of Ansteorra,
I hope this missive reaches you in good health!
A couple of weeks ago, I asked for ideas about how to increase Kingdom membership. I did receive some really good ideas from some of the populace members. I have quoted
them below. If have any other ideas please e-mail me privately or post them on the list for discussion. I would like to hear from more populace members to get a better idea
of what you would like to see in order to raise the membership numbers.

Please remember, THESE ARE ONLY SUGGESTIONS FROM OTHER POPULACE MEMBERS.

1. "Cost for the event was X amount if you mailed/e-mail/call in your reservation early and included membership number and money amount. You could not get a reservation
without membership. This meant that members got first opportunity to make feast reservations, along with a lower price.  however , the $3.00 would be waived if you were not
a member and you filled out the paper work and paid for a membership at the gate. But they still had to pay the x amount. This could be announced advance of the event."

2. "How about making a rule that you have to be a member to enter a crown tourney or queen's champion or enter any other kingdom level competition. In two or three years
you can lower it down to the regional level."

3. "Carry a spiral notebook. With membership forms an see you could get them to sign up for membership at that time if not get there names and numbers and see if you could
get them to sign up at a later time. Also stress to new comers that membership should be part of playing.
At a populace take up blue cards and have a drawing for a prize."

4. "One  of the things I did to help increase membership in my local area was to sponsor contest and make a paid membership the prize." My guy and I both have sustaining
memberships, so our house counts for two. It sure helps when we lose one black start or leave it in the car *L*. Anyhow, I thought I would throw that one out there, hope it
helps."

If you can think of any thing else please let me know!
In service to the great lands of Ansteorra,
Lady Marguerite des Fleur,
Kingdom Seneschal at large.
Spinning Winds Pavilions and Tents: www.spinningwinds.com
                 The future web site:    www.spinningwinds.net