ANST - Stepping Down

Vicki Marsh xaraxene at home.com
Thu Feb 10 07:20:59 PST 2000

Greetings, Ansteorra

Baroness Xene here,

As many of you may have heard from other lists, Llywelyn and I are stepping
down in May as Baron and Baroness of Elfsea.  The Crown is in the process of
polling the populace of Elfsea as to their opinion towards our replacements.

Why are we stepping down?  It may seem soon, but it will be almost a 4 year
term by the time we actually step down.  Llywelyn and I have been actively
working to ensure that we have leaders in our Barony who are capable of
taking the reins of office at any time.  As it stands, there are three very
qualified couples who  have put forth their names for consideration.

Llywelyn and I are also requesting that the decision be made as soon as
possible.  We would like some time to train our replacements in the job.
The Crown gets several months as CP to train and learn, but most Barons and
Baronesses are usually handed a garage-load of stuff and some coronets.
Then their previous B & B's run like hell to the woods, cackling......

Too often, our leaders in this group have become severely burned out or
disillusioned.  If that happens all the time, we have no knowledge base to
turn to for guidance.  New ideas and fresh approaches are important, but
every time we lose a respected leader, we also lose their wisdom that only
comes from experience.

To answer the question as to why we are stepping down, we are simply finding
ourselves unable to give our offices the focus and attention that the people
of Elfsea deserve.  We also feel that healthy change is good for a group.
Jobs, children, outside interests are all factors as well.

We hope to see many of you at SpringFaire, May 12-14, at the Canton site.
The theme this year is a Norse theme, and Varangians are invited.  Check our
website soon for more information.

God Bless You all,

In Service to Elfsea and Ansteorra,

Baroness Xene, OL, OSM, OIM, AKE, OHBG, STA, SCA, AOA, PoE, MOA, Cats Keep
PILA