ANST - Kingdom Membership/Pay to Play

KTMC ktmc at icok.net
Thu Feb 10 12:54:29 PST 2000

Greetings!
   Much newer than many to the SCA, I still had a couple of thoughts
somewhat on-topic;
   My experience is limited to here in Ansteorra, but I think it is a
neat and novel thing that we charge our own, but strangers get a chance
to see the SCA free. How? Our events have site and usually feast fees
attached, which are paid by both card-carrying members and non-card
people who generally still have a sustained interest in the
organization. However, our demos which the general public attend are
free, and visitors are encouraged, and sought. The bringing in of new
blood to any continuing organization is vital.
   I suppose encouragement is the right way to go, even with longer-term
players who still haven't sent in the money for their card.
   As an idea, how about adding 50 cents per person at the gate at an
event? That is set aside, and put the names of non-members in a drawing
and draw for a membership? 140 paid at the gate would pay for two
regular memberships. If enough places did that, the membership winners
would get spread around evenly.
   Well, it turned out to be three ideas!

   Valstarr