ANST - pay to play .... was: Kingdom membership

amberd at flash.net amberd at flash.net
Thu Feb 10 12:59:36 PST 2000

> But maybe members pay something
> like $5 less at the gate to an event.

Several folks have mentioned giving members a 'discount' off site or feast fees.

My impression has always been that a group putting on an event is supposed to
come up with a 'near break even' cost per person for the event, which is
figured by estimating the total cost and dividing by the expected turn out. If
we reduce the portion paid by members then we would have to increase the amount
paid by nonmembers.  This adds greater uncertainty to estimating the near
breakeven cost and could lead to even higher cost for all.

Please forgive me if my evaluation of this is incorrect.

Amerinda  (currently a paid member - off and on since 89)