ANST - Money needs (was Kingdom membership)

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Thu Feb 10 14:24:37 PST 2000

At 12:17 PM 2/10/00 -0800, you wrote:
>A question comes to mind:  does this kingdom or the SCA need to increase
>paid memberships because its coffers are low and it needs to raise funds
>for some good reason?  If that's the case, there may be easier ways to
>raise the money than by pushing membership buying.
>

>      Tomonaga

This is not really an issue about the SCA or Kingdom running out of
money.  The last time the SCA increased membership costs there was an
immediate drop in the number of paid members.  Personally, I like the idea
of allowing groups to offer a reward to paid members by way of a discount
at the gate, we already do this at major wars.  But it should be a
voluntary choice only.

Burke