ANST - An olive branch?

Heather Ault htault at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 11 09:23:25 PST 2000

My Lords & Ladies,

Just wanted to add something. :O)

My Lord Sebastian and I will get our memberships. We
love the SCA and the ideals it embraces. We love the
wonderful friends we have made and the experiences we
have had. It is through SCA that we met and I have the
College of Three Bridges Seneschal to thank for that.
Thanks, Aurelia.

The whole point to this "pay to play" argument, in my
humble opinion, is support of the Society. I believe
that the idea of holding a drawing and offering a free
one-year membership is a wonderful idea. But, could we
take it a step further?

How about offering a lower-cost trial membership?
Charge, say, $15 or $20 for the first year so that
newbies can get the feel of SCA, understand and enjoy
the benefits, and make a decision on whether to renew
their membership at the current price range. I believe
that this will garner more members and perhaps give
some of us po'folks (*smiles*) a small break.

Granted, some people may not like this idea and I
respect their opinion. This is just a small way of
offering an olive branch. I hope you will agree.

Thank you and vivat Ansteorra.

Sincerely,
Lady Eleanor Cleavely