ANST - membership

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Mon Feb 14 10:55:04 PST 2000

>    I don't agree with that.  I think any membership should be counted,
> regardless of age.

Sorry, can't agree with that.  There are exceptions, but for the most part
children are only here because of their parents.  They may enjoy what they
are doing, but that does not mean they are full participants (in fact we
limit their participation in many places).  And there would have to be a cut
off somewhere, would be count only teens?  Only over 8?  all?  Does that
mean the new born infant gets counted as an active member?

18 is the legal age limit for attending events without parental consent.  18
is the age of majority in most states.  I stick by what I said; I believe
all paid members over the age of 18 should count towards a group's numbers.

Alys
Steppes