ANST - Heal Thyself first

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Feb 14 17:48:23 PST 2000

Baroness Xene said,
> Grow-up, people.  Get a Clue.  If you have a problem with someone, or feel
> that they are doing something wrong, talk directly to the person involved.
> Don't go around trying to gather a consensus with your friends about who is
> in the wrong, and who is right.  Too many groups have been torn apart by a
> shark-like feeding frenzy on one of its members.
>
> And when you do work on a problem with someone, and you have done something
> wrong, admit it, apologize, call the blow, and move on.  The words "I'm
> sorry" can do a lot to heal a group.  And once an apology is given, learn
> from the mistakes, and move on.  Forgive others.  Forgive yourselves.

I'm not so sure that this applies to the discussion here on membership numbers
dropping or not, but I do know that confrontations and rumor-mongering have
had me close to withdrawing from the SCA several times.

Recently Mistress Gunnora posted a very good message here on this list
about resolving confrontations within the SCA. I have placed this in the
SCA-SOCIOLOGY section of the Florilegium as an article. Perhaps there
are
some here who might find this file useful:
Confrontation-art  (9K) 12/20/99    "Gunnora's Rules for Confrontation"
                                       by Mistress Gunnora Harakarva.

The Florilegium can be found on the web at: http://www.florilegium.org

This might make a good article for some local newsletters.

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net