ANST - Combat Archery Battle

Ld. Brendan Ackbourne t-m-g at excite.com
Mon Feb 14 20:27:36 PST 2000

Greetings to all,
  I just wanted everyone interested to know that the Combat Archery Battle
at Gulf Wars this year has been scheduled for Friday at 3:30 at the Hastings
field.  All Combat Archers are invited to participate in this medieval
version of "paintball".  Anyone who has pavais(self standing shield) is
welcome to bring them. We tried to plan it so it would not fall during any
other major battle.  The current plan is to have the battle in 3 parts.  One
part being limited time/limited arrows.  Another being limited
time/unlimited arrows.  Last one being ressurection.  These are not final,
details still being worked out.
Anyone willing to assist for part or all of the battle, your help is
welcome.
  After the battle, or around 6ish, there will be a social gathering for all
Combat Archers somewhere around the Fort.  Exact place will depend on other
scheduled events taking place at the fort.  The gathering is a pot luck,
BYOB affair.
    For more details, or if you have any questions, please feel free to
contact me.
Yours in service,
Ld. Brendan Ackbourne
t-m-g at excite.com