ANST - Heal Thyself first

Susan Bowen bbowen at ev1.net
Tue Feb 15 03:39:44 PST 2000

Greetings to all from Sir William of Weir-
   Toomonga, You sound like my old knight, Sir Balthasar (best known for
"Rising of the Star").  He railled against the "greyfaces" who wished to codify
every aspect of The Game.  Except where, in today's world, we are likely to get
sued, we should regulate as little as possible.

  Keith Hood wrote:

> Are we dying?  (snip)  I personally think we are suffering somewhat from
> hardening of
> the attitudes.  It seems to me like the SCA overall is getting more and more
> concerned about rules and regulations and doing things the 'right' way--I
> believe there is less interest in and freedom for experimentation in how we
> do things.

CAN I HEAR AN AMEN?!?

   Many of those who can't afford membership now are the very ones who infuse
the kingdom with energy.  Why are we worrying about this?  When people feel
ownership of the Society, they will become members as soon as they can.

   When we have a real problem, wake me up.