ANST - RE: ansteorra V2 #25

Randy and Noreen noh_rdh at swbell.net
Tue Feb 15 18:50:28 PST 2000

Maestro Petruccio Alfonso Maria Cuccieri de Cataluna, OL OP,
   your wrote the below queries and I would like to try and answer them if
I may, though I am not certian if my answers match those of others as I see
myself as an outsider.

1.  Have you ever autocratted an event, and why?
     Nope, one should not attempt to do what one has no training in, when
other peoples monies or funds are on the line.

2.  Would you autocrat an event in the future?
      Possibly if I felt competent to do so and had confidence that I would
not fail.

3.  If the answer to the above was "No", would you consider
    autocratting if there was someone available to act as a
    "Mentor"? (If you answered "Yes", do you realize that
    you are way too sane to be involved in this conversation?)

    Just because I say yes to this and prove I am insane, does not mean I
am without sense.

4.  Do you believe that we need to provide more instruction
    in running events and offices within the Kingdom?
     Yes, very few classes have been given on this that I have seen. The
few I have seen have been good solid classes, but still lack the confidence
building which someone like myself feels they need to take on such a task.

5.  Do you feel more comfortable contacting someone if you
    would like to get involved, or do you like someone to
    see work you are doing and approach you?

    I think I would rather be approached, then I could at least ahve the
feeling someone woudl think I was capable.

6.  What responsibility do the Officers of this Kingdom
    have in promoting and training service individuals.
    What would you like to see done differently?

   I think they hold the prime responcibility for doing so.

7.  What responsibility do the Pelicans of this Kingdom
    have in promoting and training service individuals.
    Have we fulfilled those obligations?  Where have we
    come up short?   <<It's okay, you can be blunt.  Most
    of us have pretty thick skins....er...feathers, and
    skulls>>

    Pelicans are the natural ones to train people to follow in their foot
steps. Where else does the knowledge lay? Do the L's not teach A&S?

8.  And finally.....If Bob has a rooster that is standing
    on the center peak of a house.  Which direction will
    the egg roll--to it's left or right?

   Niether.... roosters do not lay eggs without genetic manipulation.

   Does this help at all?

    Randall Hawkwood

Maestro Petruccio Alfonso Maria Cuccieri de Cataluna, OL OP
<<<<<yeah, now you know why I just go by Petruccio :)>>>>>>