ANST - Re: ANST-Announce - Painted award charters needed!

Aslyn aslyn2 at mindspring.com
Wed Feb 16 17:51:31 PST 2000

{{Aslyn looks up from scribing scrolls to read the backlog of her
e-mail...}}

Greetings, fellow Ansteorrans, from your Sable Scroll:

I see that the following excellent question was asked (with a lovely
response from the organizational branch of the Sable Scroll office):

> So is this particular AoA scroll preferred? What determines which one the
AoA recipent gets? What's on hand? The whims >of the scribes? The desires of
the Royalty?

Baroness Curstaidh is correct in stating that the [P]ray let AoA is fairly
quick to paint and looks very nice when finished.  But the number one reason
why I have asked for that particular scroll (and please understand that we
are ecstatic to receive any and all scrolls!) is that in addition to its
ease of completing and beauty, is that it is done in the Carolingian hand.
The Carolingian hand is my primary weapon of choice (besides Thuluth  and
rapier wit).  It is a quick hand for me, and in a busy Reign such as this,
it is a constant ally.

HL Genevieve makes excellent points as well in regards to scroll selection.
We do make every effort to match scroll with persona.  That is one of the
many joys of the office.  Of course, that selection depends on time
constraints and *availability of scrolls*.  However, we are indeed blessed
with many dedicated artisans who take great pride and pleasure in serving
the Kingdom in this capacity.  Our Kingdom's artisans continually bring to
light the elegance of their art as it is reflected in their continued
service..

[Caveat:  the following is meant to be humorous.  Read at your own risk.
;-) ]

As for bribery...lol....the wise gentle throughout history knew the full
value of continually.....investing....in the welfare of scribes.  Scribes
are not only precious commodities in very limited quantities, but are silent
arsenals with long memories.  Their words and art carry a lasting message.
What will *yours* be when the time comes?

Oh....and did I mention they love chocolate (dark chocolate), and shoulder,
arm and hand rubs?

*grin*

Mistress Aslyn Crystyn
Steppes, Ansteorra