ANST - Cost of Membership

Jesus Cavazos toshirokoi at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 08:02:41 PST 2000

>>From: jonwillowpel at juno.com
>
>>One of the things about people who are too poor to paid 35.00 dollars is
>>they often try to make up by working hard in their local area. Most of us
>>have a social conscience . We try to do our share. Remember when dealing
>>with volunteers you need not to confuse them. What is more important?
>>Someone paying 2 dollar extra at gate or someone working 4 hours at gate.

Ok, this is just a thought. This is not a recommendation or what I think
should happen. This is just something to discuss.

Some people are not members because the price is to high for them. So how
about lowering the price? Say to $25. This makes it easier for those among
us who have a small cash flow problem to join. Yes we loose $10 on the first
membership, but that makes it easier for another person to join. Instead of
$35 we have $50, and instead of one member we have two. And if the other
memberships are not lowered, it will be more inviting to join at the
sustaining level instead of the lower ones.

However, if we raise the price of membership, those of us we are borderline
will be forced to drop our memberships. So the price will have to be raised
again to compensate. And we will loose more. And so on and so on. And then
only the well to do will have memberships. And the rest of us will be
playing without membership. That wouldn't be good.

So, the idea I'm proposing for discussion is lower membership prices. What
do you all think about it? Remember, this is just an idea for discussion.
Nothing more.

Toshiro Koi

Ansteorra

"The Fields are green,