ANST - A bit on weapons

Greg Shetler odsman at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 18 07:38:43 PST 2000

A friend of mine just got his marshalling authorization, and has been poring
over the rules.  He found a couple of rather interesting ... glitches.

1) If you construct a short axe (say, less than 3 feet long), it is just
about impossible to keep it under the weight limit if you use a basket hilt
on it.  Similarly, it is just about impossible to make it pass the balance
test (head heavier than hilt) if a basket hilt is on the weapon.  Even
without a basket hilt, if the axe is shorter than 2 feet long, you will
likely still be overweight....

2) With axes and glaives, which kill if the head strikes even off-edge, why
do we bother to mark a striking edge?

3) If we are considered to be wearing open-faced helms, so that we should
take any thrust to the face that would have touched the face, why do we just
shrug off incidents of our own shield bashing into our face hard enough to
rock us?

Anyway, just some things to think on....

Dux (with more time on my hands right now than is good for me)