ANST - membership

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Fri Feb 11 06:38:51 PST 2000

> Family and associate memberships only counted for a short time and only
> for Ansteorra because of depressed econcomic circumstances.
> Since they do not count for the rest of the Society we are all on equal
> ground...

This is true, but that does not make it right.

I feel that any paid member over the age of 18 should be counted.

You point out that a shire only requires 5 paid members, but by Kingdom law
shires must have six officers.  And there are up to 10 that most groups
attempt to maintain.  So that means there can conceivibly be 5 "Family"
members that are acting as officers, but do not count in the reported health
of the group and can be excluded from voting in important issues (doesn't
happen here much, but does happen in other Kingdoms, the East in my personal
experience).

I would like the corporate law to change, but that does not seem to be about
to happen.

Alys
Steppes.