ANST - membership

Weiszbrod, Barbara A (Barbara) baw2 at lucent.com
Fri Feb 11 12:21:08 PST 2000

> Would it be possible to set up some sort of kingdom financial aid fund
> to help pay membership costs for deserving individuals?

Please see Mistress Mirim's earlier post.  Every non-profit, not-for-profit
organizatin is governed by the laws in which it is incorporated.  Other
oganizations may be governed by other laws, so it is hard to compare them
equally.  The laws we must follow will not allow funds belonging to SCA, INC
to be used to benefit any indevidual.

This does not stop indeviduals from doing their own charity.  Do you know
someone who can't afford membership this year, but would dearly like to do
so?  Can you afford it for them?  Can you take up a collection for them?
Nothing stops us from doing this, as long as it is not done with SCA funds.

	Alys
	Steppes