ANST - membership

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Feb 11 15:38:11 PST 2000

Michael Silverhands wrote:
> We have a drawing for a door prize at Stargate's monthly Populace meeting.
> Everyone with a membership card puts it into a "hat". We usually have a nice
> door prize that's been donated; but if not, Baroness Neassa and I buy the winner
> a year's subscription to the Baronial newsletter.

Interesting idea.

Does everyone remember to get their card back at the end of the meeting? Or
do folks often dash out and forget to get their card back?

I can see some advantages in donating a year's subscription to the Baronial
newsletter rather than an SCA membership. The most obvious is that it is
cheaper, so the money can go farther. Secondly, I often think the local
newsletter is more useful for newcomers than an SCA membership since local
events, guilds, meetings and such will probably be of more interest to
them,
at least initially, than events on the otherside of the kingdom or what
the current Kingdom officers have to say.

What do you do if the winner already has a subscription? Add another
year on? Have them donate it to someone else?

What kinds of prizes have you given out?

Thanks.
  Stefan li Rous
  stefan at texas.net