ANST - membership

Gerald L. Norris Jr. jerryn at houston.rr.com
Sat Feb 12 04:33:40 PST 2000

Stefan li Rous wrote (concerning having a drawing at Stargate's monthly
populace meeting):

> Interesting idea.
>
> Does everyone remember to get their card back at the end of the meeting?
Or
> do folks often dash out and forget to get their card back?

We are pretty steady in making sure that everyone has their cards back.
Usually one of the children is given the hat/box/container and returns the
cards while the meeting continues.  As usual, sometimes one of the adults
count as one of the children.

> What do you do if the winner already has a subscription? Add another
> year on? Have them donate it to someone else?

tack on another year.  After all, it's their prize, and we're hopefully
going to be publishing for at least one more year ...

> What kinds of prizes have you given out?

Mostly the newsletters.  Sometimes people will provide something such as
chips of soap from soap-making, a strip of trim, a basket, a bamboo flute,
etc.

In the end, it's a visual sign that people can see a benefit to membership.
For most of us putting our cards in the hat, it's just another game to play.

In service,
Gerald L. Norris Jr. -- Houston, Tx.
Gerald of Leesville, a bard of Stargate -- Kingdom  :  Ansteorra
Husband, father, lover, singer, writer
I used to know everything, but then I remembered just how unimportant it all
was.