ANST - Kingdom Membership/Pay to Play

Ceridwen of Wizard's Keep auntdwen at peakonline.com
Sat Feb 12 08:16:54 PST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael F. Gunter <michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com>

> <sigh> Okay, why is it that whenever a topic is introduced the sides
inevitably
> go to the extremes as examples.

    Your point is exactly why I asked how many non-paid players are in our
kingdom and how that number is computed.  I am curious as to why there is a
"push" for membership.  What were the numbers, what are the numbers, and
what other agenda is behind this concern.

    We all know folks who, for whatever reason, are not currently paid
members.  But is that number really a large one?  Or, like viewers of the
local news who overestimate crime in their cities, are we mis-perceiving how
significant a problem this is?

    If the real issue is to increase interest in the SCA as a whole and
increase our active players, I'm not sure the money is the most salient
issue.

Baroness Ceridwen of Wizard's Keep
Wastelands of Ansteorra