ANST - why membership

Dottie Elliott difirenze at usa.net
Tue Feb 15 09:19:28 PST 2000

I believe non-members DO cost the society & individual groups some small
amount of money. This money is NOT regrouped by event fees. Non-members
must sign waivers at events. These waivers must be made available
(printing costs), and when used must be copied and sent up to kingdom and
stored at both levels.

The insurance that protects our events allows us to have events that both
members and non-members attend. Insurance rates aren't determined
completely by the number of members SO the more members the less cost per
person it would be. This insurance IS important. In many kingdoms sites
would not rent to the SCA group without this insurance. I have been asked
for it here in Ansteorra as well.

General costs of running the corporate business are covered entirely by
membership fees. Whether we always agree with the corporate office or
not, it would be much more difficult for the society to exist
CONSISTENTLY across kingdoms without it. The more members the less cost
per person SO if there were MORE members our cost MIGHT go down or at
least would not go up!

Clarissa