ANST - Heal Thyself first

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 15 10:25:24 PST 2000

>    Toomonga, You sound like my old knight, Sir Balthasar (best known for
>"Rising of the Star").  He railled against the "greyfaces" who wished to
>codify
>every aspect of The Game.  Except where, in today's world, we are likely to
>get
>sued, we should regulate as little as possible.

Well thanks, I guess.  I just think that in some ways we as a group are
getting more stiff.  And I think a significant part of that is the effect of
having to have insurance and worrying about lawsuits.

I don't know about anyone else but I am sick and tired and weary unto death
of having to live in a world where what I can do and the ways I can do it
are determined not by me, but by a second party who is scared of the
*possibility* of insurance costs going up because a third party *might* sue.
  ESPECIALLY when those second and third parties don't even live in the same
state as I do and the legal requirements are different.  I knew the job was
dangerous when I took it.  I'd been in the SCA over ten years before I even
knew we were required to carry insurance.

OK, down off that particular soapbox.  If I write any more I might start
edging close to insurrection.

       Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra