ANST - Newcomers

Worf worf428 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 15 20:22:26 PST 2000

I must input my history in the SCA.
My First event was at Castellan in 1998.I pitched my
tent,anf then helped other who arrived later that I.
I was a newbie,I didnot wait for Oldtimers to do every
thing!

At the next event Queens Champion, I was assisting the
CiC, when I was asked to help gather picnic tables tp
take to the hall.

I did not expect any rewards, I did it Because I like
to help people..That Sat eve A Lady searched me out
while we were breaking down the list field in
preperation for Sunday teardown..

I was very moved by her simple gift of ribbon border
for my Garb...I did not do any oth these thing because
I wanted recognition, but the Lady and her Lord
thought That I deserved something..I wept openly at
the gift.I also became a paid member that year.

If we all treat others the way we were treated at the
begining of our experience,I think that we would have
more Newcomers becoming paid members.

Galiwyn Varianas
House Of Illuminatti
NothKeep, Ansteorra