ANST - Membership Numbers

Spearweasel spearweasel at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 19:03:40 PST 2000

Greetings, All.

I just joined the SCA a few days ago, sending off a
check for the membership to both Ansteorra and the SCA
as a whole. I was unpleasantly surprised to see how
few participants are actually paying dues. I know many
people contribute in myriad ways to the Dream, but
this is an easy and vital way.

You non-paying people are getting a free ride. Having
an overlapping international organization that sets
and maintains standards costs money. Money from it's
members. If you don't think this is worth paying for,
take a look at the state of affairs that has become
status quo in Amtgard, a boffer combat LARP with a lot
of SCA players in it. Chaos runs amok, and even simple
things are like pulling teeth. The SCA is what it is
because of its unity, and unity takes money.

Puh-leez, if you can't afford the $35-50 that a
membership costs, then you probably should be working
extra hours instead of playing SCA.

Ante up. I guarantee you no one is piling up the
dinars off your membership dues.

Forgive if I speak rashly.

=====
Humbly Yours,

Mundania: Andrew Benton
Amtgard: Squire Yamamoto Kansuke, AKA "The Spearweasel"
SCA: Alexander the Improvised, of Bryn Gwlad

Check my website at http://lonestar.texas.net/~abenton