ANST - Society membership

Russell Husted husted at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 07:45:05 PST 2000

Einarr wrote,
I have been in a few community and service organizations that required work
and dues.  That we choose not to require a paid membership is good, but
those dues do benefit us all in the long run.
The International Lions Club is the only* international non profit service
organization that garentees that all money donated through them goes 100% to
the cause you donate it. To be a Lion, you pay. Your membership dues run the
organization. For the Lion's to get donations, Lions work. So, as a Lion,
you pay for the opertunity to work.

As we are not a charity organization, it is almost like comparing apples and
oranges, but it gives a simular idea. As a Lion, you pay for the opertunity
to work. As a member we pay for the opertunity to work.

The majority of comunity organizations do earn profit from either their
members or the contributions their members bring in. I just wanted to clear
this part of the issue up.

mahee

ps. this was not ment as an advertisement for the ILC.

*at last known date of 1998.